Thursday 18 March 2010

Digi Pak Drafts


This is the first design that i have created, i kept it fairly simple by just editing out the leaves on the ground, changing the levels to correct the lighting, darkening the outskirts of the image and then adding the text.


In this digi pak draft i changed the colour balance to make the image more "eye catching". I also moved the layout of the cover to see whether changing the positioning of the text would make the image more appealing. I feel that having the single name vertically creates more room on the cover and makes it look empty. Personally this isn't my favourite cover, i like the colouring but i'm not sure how well it fits into our design brief.


In this draft i decided to change around the colours of the text and the image. I had the background in black and white and the text in colour. I don't think that this worked very well, as it makes the image look dull and bland, and doesn't work if we want to entice in buyers. What i do like about this draft is the font used (elephant) it's bold and large but also has a style to it, similar to the Stencil font used in the first draft.


In this image i looked into different effects that i could use to make this front cover completely different and unique. I used the "solarize" effect to create the negative look of the image. I then chose the white writing to stand out against the balck background. This creates a simple image, but then it is emphasised by the surreal look of the solarize effect.


This is my favourite cover that i created, i made this by using a "cutout" filter on photoshop. It gives the picture a cartoon look about it. I then changed the colour balance to get the purpley colours. I don't think the font particularly works for this digi pak front cover.

Overall my two favourite Digipak covers are the first and the fifth one. They are both completely different but effective in separate ways. If i mixed the two covers together i would most probably have a Digipak cover which has the normal conventions of a Digipak, but still relate to the surrealist theme of out music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment