Thursday 25 March 2010

More possible layouts for finals

After creating the previous three posters, we realised that we would not be able to access another picture of our model in time to create a new poster. Therefore i have created four more posters using the rabbit mask as the main focus. The rabbit mask has been featured in the music video. The images where taken originally by Natalie Barker (member of my group), but i have edited them myself.


I edited this image by changing the colour balance to give the picture the pinky tinge, I then used the "wave" shape to creates the curved title. I decided to have the title like this to add a bit more diversity to the image, and it make it look more appealing. I chose to have the smaller writing in a pink to match the background colours. This wasn't a very good idea as the writing doesn't stand out that well against the dark pink/purple background. I also used the "burn" tool on Photoshop to create depth around the edge of the image.


To create the mosaic effect on this image I used a Photoshop filter called "mosaic tile". I then used the font shaper to make the curved writing for "UFO" i chose to have this front purple so it would stand out against the green background, i like the contrast between the two colours, it works well and it doesn't look too garish. I like the layout of this poster, i think having the rabbit mask central works well. Your eye is lead straight down the page.


What i like about this poster is the "vintage" look that the sepia tone has given the image, as well as the filter that i used to create the unusual effect. I used a filter on Photoshop called "Stained Glass". I decided to have the "UFO" title in green, this wasn't the best idea as it doesn't stand out very well against the brown background ( a similar problem from a previous poster). However i like the balance between the two sides of the poster, having the image on one side and the text on the other.


In this image i used the "Cut out" filter on Photoshop, i have used this filter in previous drafts and it worked well. What i like about this image is the cartoon like effect the filter has created on to the image. From all the editing it looks nothing like a photograph, and i feel that it makes it look more professional. I used the Stencil font for this poster, it works well in this image, as it matches up with the bold white rabbit at the bottom, however i feel that i softer, less harsh font would be suitable for out final product.

Overall my favourite layouts are number two and four. I think that these two would work best as a final advert and would fit well in any music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment